Monday, December 14, 2009

Chicken Cutlet Parmesan

When I find chicken breast on sale I usually buy a shit load. One of the first things I do is trim and slice them thinly. I love chicken parm but it can be a real pain in the ass to make for dinner when it comes down to it. So when I find chicken cutlets on sale I try to put aside time to bread and fry them all at once, that way when I get the urge or craving for it, I can make it in able 45 minutes from freezer to table.

Homemade Frozen Chicken Cutlets

Chicken cutlets
Flour
Eggs
Italian style bread crumbs

I to a 3 step process to make my chicken cutlets. After trimming the chicken pieces, I dredge the cutlets in a bit of flour, this allows for the eggs to stick to them. Once in the eggs I coat with bread crumbs. Now some people fry their cutlets right after this but I allow about 30 minutes for the coating of bread crumbs to dry a bit. This seems to help the crust develop a bit better.
If your going to freeze them I suggest lining a baking dish with plastic wrap and layering a piece of wax paper in between layers of chicken cutlets, once all is well frozen you can unwrap then place desired amount of chicken cutlets in a zip lock bag and keep frozen.



* You can do individual pieces of lasagna for a more formal look or a lasagna style for a more family style meal.

Chicken Parmesan Family Style

Chicken Cutlets, breaded and fried
Sunday Sauce
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese

In an 9x13 baking dish line the bottom of the pan with about a 1/2 cup of sauce, Starting with the breaded chicken, layer sauce, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese then a bit more sauce. Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes until heated through.

For individual servings I place the chicken cutlets on a cookie sheet and top with a bit of sauce, Parmesan cheese and topping off with mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly brown and chicken is warmed through out

No comments:

Post a Comment