Monday, December 14, 2009

Cuban Style Pork Chops

I make this often enough, very easy extremely simple. I use center cut pork chops, I like them thick without too much fat! Use what you are comfortable with, as the thicker the chop, the longer the cook time the easier it is to burn them

For my family of 5 this is what I do.

5 center cut pork chops
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 tsp ground cumin
3 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 small onion thinly sliced
achiote flavored olive oil

I personally mash everyone up in my handy dandy pilon and put everything in a gallon sized zip lock and marinate it in the fridge over night or sometimes for a few hours.
Take chops out of the marinade and pat dry with paper towels fry in oil until done. Place them on a plate to the side.
Remove the onions and saute over medium heat about 5 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the remaining marinate and return the chops to the pan. Cooking another 3-5 minutes over med-low heat turning the chops over once about half way through cooking time.


Since this is so simply I try to prepare it the night before, so the next day all i have to do is make some rice and beans. The pork chops fry as everything else is being cooked and I can have a full dinner on the table in about a half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment