Monday, December 14, 2009

Creole Style Butter Roast Chicken

I found this really great stuff to help with all the chicken I make. Jaime loves him some chicken and I found myself making some variation of chicken quite a few times a week. Boy was I getting tired of the same shit. So I went on a search to find easy ways to make my chicken not always taste like chicken. I know I can't be the only one who gets tired of eating the same things all the time. But I have found plenty of ways to cook the same meals different ways. Chicken isn't as bad as it used to be in this house.

Creole Style Butter Baked Chicken
1 whole roasting chicken
Tony Cachere's Injectables Creole Style Butter

Tonys stuff is great, it's a simple marinate (they come in 6 different flavors), its extremely simple and helps change the everyday dinner into something completely different with no real added time onto getting dinner to the table on time. Simply use the provided syringe and inject the marinade into your chicken and allow it to do the magic in a quick fast 5 minutes.

Tony Chachere's is offering six Injectable Marinades, each blended to complement the natural flavors of meats and poultry of choice:
  • Creole Style Butter and Garlic for wild game, turkey, meats, fish;
  • Creole Butter and Bacon for poultry or pork;
  • Creole Butter and Smoky Jalapeno for turkey, fish or for a taste of the Southwest;
  • Creole Honey Bacon BBQ for pork, beef, ham;
  • Creole Praline Honey Ham for pre-cooked ham;
  • Creole Roasted Garlic and Herb for turkey or meats.
Each marinade comes with its own injector.

Everyone has their own way of roasting a chicken. My way is in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for an hour then turn the temp. down to 350 until done. A general rule of thumb when baking a chicken is about 20 minutes per pound then add another 20 minutes to the over all time. Or you can go the easy route like I do, and buy the ones with the button that pops up when they are done.
Make sure you let the chicken sit for about 15-20 minutes before you cut it. This will allow all the juices to redistribute themselves rather than running out onto your cutting dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment