Monday, December 14, 2009

To Start

I am creating this blog based on a nudge from a few friends on facebook..... don't know where it will go or if I will have the time to keep it up but I will try. I love to cook, I love to read recipes and then make them my own, I think about food all the time and I love to taste new things.

The only problem with all of that is that I am taking care of a feisty 2 1/2 year old and a soon to be 6 month old. So out the window for extensive preparations, standing over the stove sauteing or sweating vegetables. I simply dont have the time. I have figured out how to give my family different meals for each day of the week. Realizing one day that we eat the sames 5 dinners just switched around through out the month. Who wants that!

So what I do now is figure out how much time I have available to cook and find things that I love to eat , then figure out what I have to do to make it within that time frame. Somethings are started the night before and somethings have been frozen weeks before. All things made by me.

Who says you can't have stuffed shells for dinner on a Tuesday, why can't I make a Pernil on a Thursday, sometimes you can find extra time but most times you can't. It's all about planning and figure things out. I can help in making some of these issues easier for you.

I cook about 3 meals and 2 snacks a day, and make all of my own baby food. I only spend about 2 hours in the kitchen on any given day as I do lots of preparations days before when I find a spare few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment